WUP has just launched a new rapid prototyping service to help clients develop usable website prototypes quickly and cost effectively. Developing new website prototypes often takes many months; this service reduces this to a few days. It is relevant for clients who wish to redevelop parts, or all, of their web site. It works as follows:
- The client, or WUP, produces wireframes/page designs for user testing
- On the morning of day one we test the wireframes/page designs with 3 users. This testing is observed by the client development team
- In the afternoon of day one WUP facilitates a discussion with the development team to identify issues with the prototypes and possible solutions
- On day 2 the client, or WUP, develops new wireframes/page designs based on the previous day's conclusions. These are subject to an expert review by a WUP usability consultant
- On the morning of day 3 we re-test the revised prototypes with a further 3 users. This testing is observed by the client development team
- During the afternoon of day 3 WUP facilitates a discussion with the development team to identify any remaining issues with the prototypes and possible solutions
This approach means that the client can undertake two rounds of testing in just 3 days (more rounds can be undertaken if required). As the client team are active participants in the development process they take ownership of any usability issues and the solutions developed. Also, because of their involvement, the solutions identified also fit with the client's technical, political and financial constraints.
WUP can offer this service starting from £6,950 plus VAT.
If you want further information on this service contact Julie Marshall on 01249 444757 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org